Tax Office Homepage


Year-End Tax Reporting Documents: Forms 1099, W-2, 1042-S, 1098-T 

If you are a University department that has received a Form 1099 from outside the University (including 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-K, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, or 1099-G), please send via campus mail to the Tax Office, Box 870130, Procurement Services Building. We accept all 1099s for the University and related foundations, as they may be used in our annual tax filings.

Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income; Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation

Form 1099-MISC is used to report certain types of income, including rents, royalties, prizes and awards. Form 1099-NEC is used to report nonemployee compensation. These forms are issued by Accounts Payable, no later than January 31st. For questions regarding a 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC Form that you personally received or need to obtain from the University, contact

NOTE: Form 1099 is not used to report scholarship or fellowship grants. For more information on these types of payments, see


Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement

Form W-2 is used to report employee wages and taxes withheld. W-2 Forms are issued by Payroll Services, no later than January 31st.

To access your W-2, refer to the following links on the Payroll Services website:

W-2, Wage & Tax Information

Electronic W-2 Instructions & Information

W-2 Reprint Instructions

For questions regarding W-2, contact the HR Service Center at (205) 348-7732 or

Form 1042-S, Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding

Certain payments to nonresident aliens are reported on Form 1042-S. These forms are issued by the Tax Office, no later than March 15th.

For more information, refer to the following links on the UA Tax Office – International Tax page:

Wage & Income Statements / Tax Documents – Forms W-2, 1042-S

For questions regarding 1042-S, contact

Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement

Form 1098-T is a tuition statement issued to enrolled students. These forms are issued by Student Account Services, no later than January 31st.

For more on student tax information, refer to

To access your 1098-T, refer to

For questions regarding 1098-T, contact